Andrew Carpenter's Bacon Jam
1 lb chopped bacon
1 medium yellow onion diced small
1 honeycrisp apple diced small with skin
3 tbsp brown sugar
½ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup water
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt
1. In a large sauce pan or stock pot, cook the bacon until crisp then remove.
2. Drain all but 2 tsp of the fat leftover from the bacon.
3. In the fat, slowly caramelize the onions until they are a dark golden brown color and have no crunch left.
4. Add the bacon, apple, water, vinegar, salt, and pepper to the pot.
5. Let cook until no liquid is left in the pan.
6. Remove from heat and stir in the brown sugar.
7. Pulse in a food processor until all ingredients are incorporated.
We'd love to see your version of Andrew's recipe!
Share your photos with us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter!